Tuesday, October 11, 2011

countdown commences...yikes! I leave in 5 days

I think this is actually going to happen. Wow! Of course I have many things to do before I am on my way, like buy shampoo and decide if I sould take my down vest or my parka or both (even though the vest is a little Marty McFlyish), it's important to be as cool if not cooler than all the other yogi's there. Although I am already imagining that every single one is an ace at arm balances unlike me, but my regular crow is pretty bad ass if I do say so myself.
My friend Meredith asked me what my favorite yoga pose was and today I realized it's wheel. They say that forgiveness can be found in back bends, which I don't know how true this is since "they" was only this one chick this one time, and clearly backbends have the potential to jack you up, but most definitely a lot of release can be found there.
This morning I slept in and then went for a bike ride (fucking glorious), and was going to attempt to make it to yoga class- since the Kripalu people said we should continue our daily practice  to be ready for doing it 10 hours a day for a month, so I thought I should start that-but could not get there since of course I forgot to account for the time it would take to find my car keys. So, I did a mini practice on my own and discovered a few things: #1. I'm lazy #2. my personal practice is completely different than teaching, although not entirely seperate #3. I can't share something I do not have #4. so what the hell am I trying to "share" with others by teaching yoga, when I am not entirely sure what it's given me #5, I think about my looks alot #6. I like backbends, in particular, wheel, I must remember to tell Meredith.
Until next time.
Namaste bitches!

2 comments:

  1. In regards to #4. You learn so that you can teach....you teach so that you can learn. :) Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that this is going to teach you so much more about yourself, beyond new yoga moves and breathing techniques. P.S. I like backbends too.

    ReplyDelete