Monday, October 10, 2011

The Road is Long...and so is this night (not like that)

I am one week away from changing my life, or atleast beginning my 200 hour yoga teacher certification at Kripalu ( a super fancy yoga teacher training school that 's the oldest in the United States). I don't really know what I'm doing, but this is nothing new. I've been practicing and teaching yoga for a few years now, and one day I realized, well actually every day since I was an adult, that I was never going to fit the corporate mold so why not do something groovy that could potentially get me alot of dates.
People respond to "I'm a  yoga teacher", in a host of ways, all of which are about their own and may times preconcieved ideas about what yoga is. I'm heistant to tell people what I do sometimes, especially men - who tend to say things like, "you must be really flexible", with one eyebrow raised. And then proceed to tell you how they are not and could never do yoga which translates as " I could never do anything I don't already know how to do". I did actually go on a date with a guy who was in one of my classes once, a fireman, which was hot, but no love connection. I mean the fact that he was a fireman was hot, not the dates. But I digress...

The point is, I went to a party last night, a good friend who is also a yoga teacher (Holla Angel!) got married in the woods last month and had a swanky party for all her friends last night. So, of course I was talking about myself and my upcoming Kripalu adventures when Ang's good friend Lisa suggested I blog about it. Since I just graduated from regular college (that's right folks a 4 year degree in 20) with a degree in English/writing concentration I figured what the hell. So when I woke up to pee I decided to go ahead and publish some thoughts, after I peed of course,and fed the cat. But, I will save them for my next post since it is nearly time to go teach my old geezer class at the country club.

1 comment:

  1. Those old geezers love you...and your downward doggie.

    ReplyDelete