Monday, October 17, 2011

Wow!

Today was our first day of class, although our 6am yoga class was optional, so I opted for a walk in the woods down to the lake surrounded by mountains. It was ok, and by ok I mean totally incredible. I was alternately laughing and crying, I had to pinch myself, it is so breathtakingly beautiful here. I kept saying, really? Really? I mean I can't believe all it took to get me here and now I am, and I am so grateful..and I'm open to the possibilities, not running from my fears, although have been tempted a couple times. But this training is addressing all of that and so much more. the classes were crazy good and I would tell you all about them but there is just so much to tell and I am so tired. We chant, we learn breathing techniques, we learned about the koshas and after each lesson we have an experience, which means some physical way of integrating the learning. Then we had saddhana(class), which was basically an ass beating in disguise. Not one sun salutation. The instructors are amazing all around. Great dinner, an amazing French onion soup, they have the soups down over here ( sweet squash soup for lunch), we had the night off, aside from an optional drum circle. But i am in the cafe with my friend Diedre, who drove here from Utah, waiting for our soup to digest so we can hit the whirlpool and then crawl into bed.
Oh, another really great thing about my program is that many who are in it are also broke from getting here, so no one is really worried about new prayer beads. What a relief.
Peace, love and namaste
Trisch

1 comment:

  1. I can picture you there so clearly. Glad your enjoying yourself - and super jealous of that drum circle man. Everyone needs a good drum circle every now and then.

    ReplyDelete